Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi Tests Positive for COVID-19 - Welcome To Boom Reporters

Breaking News

Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi Tests Positive for COVID-19

The Ekiti state governor, Kayode Fayemi, Ekiti has tested positive for COVID-19.
The governor made the announcement on his handle on the micro-blogging site, Twitter earlier on Wednesday.
The governor’s tweet read:
“I took my third Covid-19 test yesterday and it came back positive. I’m generally ok and I’m already self isolating at home and receiving the best of care from my medical team. I’m delegating critical tasks to my Deputy but will continue routine duty from home,” the post read.
The Ekiti state chief executive is the sixth governor in recent times to test positive for the novel coronavirus pandemic. The rest are Bala Mohammed of Bauchi; Seyi Makinde of Oyo; Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo; Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, and Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna.
According to figures released by the Nigerian Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC), there are 37, 801 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the country with 805 deaths.

No comments